In this post I would like to write a little about spiritual beings, about spiritual creatures: the Angels.
In this post I would like to write a little about spiritual beings,
about spiritual creatures: the Angels.
Angels were created by God, the Spiritual Creator and
so the Angels are solely spiritual as God is spiritual. My idea is that angels might have first
started as emanations from the Deity with His virtues and affirmations and they
became personal beings, not “just light beams from the Main Light”, but
personal spiritual creatures because God the Creator is a personal Spirit. Of
course my personal perceptions and the way they can be interpreted, and therefore my set of hypotheses about the Angels must be compared with the traditional
teachings regarding angelic creation and with the Magisterium.
Angels were created before men and, since they are spiritual
entities, they were probably created before what we call the “natural or
physical Creation”.
The Magisterium with the traditional teachings of the Church and of
the Saints concerning the Angels and their world is correct as these teachings
are based upon the Scriptures with the contribution of the several spiritual experiences of the saints, who were
also mystics who had intense spiritual percetions and clear intuitions and received
divine inspirations.
The Church states that “the existence of
the spiritual, non-corporeal beings that Sacred Scripture usually calls
"angels" is a truth of faith. The witness of Scripture is as clear as
the unanimity of Tradition”. (Catholic Catechism, that you can read visiting
this web site http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p1s2c1p5.htm#I)
.
We were taught that the
Angels come to men as messengers of God. They are servants, because, as Christ said, they "always behold the face of the
Father who is in heaven" they are the "mighty ones who do his word,
hearkening to the voice of his word” (Mt 18:10; Ps
103:20.).
The angels surround Christ their Lord. They
serve him especially in the accomplishment of his saving mission to men.
Some people say they experienced the help of
God through His Angels, and so did I.
One day when I was about fifteen I could feel
a spiritual presence next to me, on the right side. I wasn’t thinking of
Angels, I was having a quarrel with my mom inside her car. She was driving me
to school. I wanted to go to school by bus because we had a discussion in the
car, so when my mother stopped at a traffic light, I tried to open the car door
to just get out of the vehicle and run away towards the nearest bus stop.
Unfortunately, we were in a two-lane road and a coach was arriving on the other
lane and I didn’t see it coming.
I opened the car door and was on the point of
getting out of my mother’s car, which was an Italian Fiat Punto, when all of a sudden the car door closed. I had the
impression that it got closed from the outside which so much strength and
energy that the door window vibrated, as if someone was standing out the car
and closed the door again before I could move to get out. I didn’t see anyone,
though, but I felt an intense spiritual presence. Someone spiritual was there
and closed the car door. The next moment the traffic lights turned green again
and a coach passed by on the lane I wanted to cross on foot.
- Are you crazy? What were you trying to do? – My mother shouted.
That day at school I didn’t recall the event,
I didn’t stop to think about that spiritual presence I had felt that day, for a
few seconds, when the car door I had just opened on a two-lane road got
suddenly closed from the outside, and with such energy it could almost break
the door window.
Years later, when I was at college with a
Christian friend and was reconsidering my faith in Christ and my spiritual beliefs,
I remembered of that episode.
My friend was a Catholic Christian and
devoted to the Guardian Angel. He told me to pray mine.
Now I pray my guardian Angel every day and I
receive help from Him in several everyday ordinary and extraordinary things.
The Church venerates the angels who help her on her earthly
pilgrimage and protect every human being. (from the
Catholic Cathechism).
To venerate does not mean to adore. We must adore God alone, not
His creatures. Angels are creatures.
However, we are taught to pray the Angels for their help, and
they often intervene if God allows them to do so.
We also pray the Queen of the Angels, the Virgin Mary, for help, but she is no God. She is the woman who was elected as mediatrix of all graces and co-redemptrix.
Another day in my life when I was twenty, I visualized my guardian angel. He was similar to a teenage boy and very beautiful and he was wearing a long seamless robe made of white light. He was all made of light...
Some days before I had met a girl at college and she had invited to me to a party with her friends. They used cocaine, a lot. I didn't want to try, I had Always kept far from drugs. I was sorry they used cocaine but talking to them about this was impossibile, they just didn't care. So we were going to lessons together, going out together, even study some, and on saturdays there were cocaine everywhere in the house.
"Are you sure that you will want to continue seeing that girl and her friends?" the angel said.
One of them was even trying to have start a relationship with me.
This visualisation ended with this question and the image of the beautiful and simple angelic spirit disapperared from my mental screen.
Of course I could understand what he meant and I just stopped going out with those people from college, deciding to dedicate more time to studying and to physical activity.
I never used drugs.
Commenti
Posta un commento